Tdci chassis/frame vin plate under bonnet

Hi all 

I'm after a chassis vin or frame plate for my puma. The one under the bonnet. Does anybody know where I can get one. I can only fine older style ones on eBay nothing that looks like a puma one although I wouldn't know as nothing to compare to. 

Cheers for help in advance 

Tom 

Main dealers can supply them, had to get one for ours and we just had to take the V5 and proof of ID form what I remember. It came stamped with the VIN number. You should also have one on the top of the bulkhead, at the bottom of the windscreen.

Edited by Dave W

2 hours ago, Tom17 said:

My car is a stolen recovery and the thiefs removed it 

I would take it tothe nearest LR main dealer, they can check the stamped in chassis number,the VIN plate in bottom of front screen [thats if its still there] & confirm all the info with LR & DVLA & your V5 reg document, take so personal identity,proof of vehicle purchase & insurance info that should be more than enough info to supply a new VIN plate under the bonnet.

I've also realised that the window plate is missing too and can't find any of them on eBay or anything. anybody ever sourced one of those outside of lr main dealers as that is criminal for a metal plate 200 quid 

Reckon to be fully legal & for insurance to re-insure a main dealer will be the best option, don't leave yourself open to any comeback if the vehicle hasn't got the legally required information on it stamped on manufacturers correct plates. the vehicle could if not correct to satisfy the DVSA be seized & crushed. so for £200 that's the only satisfactory option IMHO.

It would be worth contacting any decent local independents, many of them have an arrangement with the local franchise dealer and can often offer things like that at a reduced cost without the same markup. I got a new key for my Range Rover this way and it was about half the price the main dealer quoted.

Cheers for the help so far 

I've managed to find some perfect ones in eBay for a fraction of the price only problem is I don't know the weight values etc that go in them. Would anybody be willing to send a pic of their plate (with your chassis number covered of course) just to show how it is laid out. I'm also struggling with the colour code. My car was originally a lovely light blue but the theifs rollered it red. I've now had it painted corris grey would I be better putting the old paint code or the new paint code 

Cheers for any help in advance