Wash/wipe wiring advice please

looking at manual wiring diagram, front screen wash wires light green/black trace goes only to the stalk pushbutton & earth,

if you have the glass fuses, clean the brass contact clips, these do get verdigris on them & can stop the current flow. & check the fuses are all good.

on the fuse holders only one side of each block is live, some a permanent live others are ignition on live, the opposite side is the output to each circuit so should only be live when that circuit are acually in use. 

Well some success! The front window wash motor power feed is the one that was not working, I established that by putting a new local earth from the motor to chassis in the front wing. Bingo - it now works.

However easy the cure seems in retrospect, it was puzzling because there are two relays on that circuit and triggering different items and some strange combination of wiring had got both relays knocked out and blown a fuse. One relay is used to trigger all the auxiliary stuff off a separate fuse board - dash gauges, aux interior lights, fan etc -and the other relay triggereing a set of roof spots all of which had ceased to function. Once I re-established the earth at the washer motor it all came back on, relay clicked in and everything works.

I still have not figured out where the missing earth that caused this is lurking nor how it got messed up, although given the wiring its possible the culprit is the folks who renovated the van  a decade ago and who did some seriously dodgy stuff with the loom which I am slowly unearthing as time goes by.

So thanks all for the help - the wiring diagram was particulalry useful.