Online buying Advice

Anderzander

Folks, can I call upon a bit of sage wisdom?

I bought £68 of stuff from www.dynamoregulatorconversions.com and it never came - I rang up and they hadn't put tracking or insurance on it - but said they’d send it again.

I offered to pay to have tracking - but they ignored that and send it 1st class on Wednesday and it's still not here ... 

I can’t doubt he’s sending it - after the good comments on another forum.

My post is arriving as normal - Just today two Jiffy bags have arrived - one has quite expensive parts in it from Dunsfold - and it’s arrived safely.

For a moment I thought they were the boards arriving 😕

Even if he’d missed the last post on Wednesday it should have arrived on Friday - and now it’s not here on Saturday. My confidence is low.

I don’t know what to do now-  it seems it’s lost or stolen in the post again and we are in the position where he has lost cost price plus post twice - and I have still paid purchase price plus post and still haven’t received what I paid for.

Frustratingly my 80 is almost finished and now that package from Dunsfold is here - about the only thing I need to buy are these bits.

I think the Legislation says he’s responsible until I’ve received it - and I paid with PayPal, so could put in a claim in - but I’m still not ending up with the parts and he’s the only one who makes them.

I don’t know what to do ☹️

The chances of it getting lost twice are slim. If they are unwilling to send it tracked then they should be willing to accept the consequences. I would inform them it hasn't arrived, clarify that they have sent it and to what address, give it one week to see what happens. If it still hasn't arrived complain again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ask for proof of posting (this is free to get) so you can get royal mail to investigate the losses and if they did not ask for it, then they have no proof that it was sent.

If they have proof and royal mail cannot find it then you probably won't be able to claim on paypal but could get £20 from Royal mail.

Note that Royal Mail don't consider it "lost" until 10 working days after due date (so 11 working days for first class)

Thanks again folks - still not here in this mornings post, which is a month now.

I’ve laid it all out, civilly, through the PayPal dispute process. 

So disappointing as he’s the only one who makes these things and I really wanted to use them!

TBH if someone's selling stuff online and doesn't have the common sense to send it recorded / signed-for they're asking for trouble. Hardly adds anything to the cost either.

What's the conversion? If one person can make it, another person can make it ;)

Kudos to the chaps patience and good manners - he is sending me a 3rd set tracked and signed for.

1 hour ago, FridgeFreezer said:

TBH if someone's selling stuff online and doesn't have the common sense to send it recorded / signed-for they're asking for trouble. Hardly adds anything to the cost either.

What's the conversion? If one person can make it, another person can make it ;)

The 80” has Lucas ST51 ‘D’ light - and he does rather neat LED board with mounts and the full set of tail lights in there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1