What’s the best 63mm flexible hose to use from the 300tdi turbo to the Snorkel?

big ives

300tdi engine with raised air intake Snorkel, the original hose which is about 2mtrs long has past it’s sell by date and needs to be replaced, it’s badly damaged.

What’s the best 63mm flexible hose to use from the 300tdi turbo to the Snorkel?

And who supplies this type of hose?

Admin if this is not in the correct section please move as you wish

Edited by big ives

Ralph

would this be acceptable to use? i had seen this before but was worried that it would not be strong enough to do what i needed?

its certainly appears less expensive than other products i have looked at for example 63mm Wyrem Flexible hose...................cheers Ivan 

I haven't seen or handled that flexible ducting, it was mentioned in another post about heater ducts to the front screen demisters in the last week or 2, 

within the ebay info it says----

1. Thermoplastic reinforced rubber. Steel spiral embedded between layers.

2. Suction hot and cold air and gases. Ideal for automotive induction, Heating air conditioning, Ventilation

the steel spiral will stop it collapsing just as the genuine ducting has similar construction.

found this as well --- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neoprene-1-Ply-Flexible-Air-Ducting-Black-Induction-Hot-Cold-Feed-Brake-Ducts/192116941285?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20170920101022%26meid%3Da86ea0a03dce4818852765c82862c369%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D9%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D301742462766%26itm%3D192116941285&_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109

I used Wyrem flexible hose from Hyphose, very tough, has a wire spiral in it. Not super cheap but you can buy it by the metre.

Failing that I thing Series 2/3 diesel intake elephants trunk is about the longest standard part and used to be about £12.

Gents

thank you for the info

Ralph, yes i read all the info and i too haven't actually touched or seen this hose and i am a bit reluctant to buy in case its not up to the job

Fridgefreezer, yes i am leaning towards this Wyrem hose, but not made up my mind yet..............................again thanks

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I've got some of the stuff from Ralphs first link and you will be fine, its pretty tough stuff! you're good to be cautious though, there is some really rubbish stuff out there, where the wire isn't fully captive on the inside, it de-bonds and then the whole things comes apart. - and checking the 2nd link that is the BAD stuff....

Black/White - BAD

Green/black - GOOD

• 1 month later...