Hobbsy89

Puma dash and bulkhead onto 2002 td5

Hi I have been searching internet high and low and can’t really find a sensible post about fitting a puma dash and bulkhead into a 2002 defender td5 am doing a galvy chassis rebuild and can buy a reasonable priced complete bulk head. Does any one have any advice or sensible post to read about the dos and don’t and what you need etc? 

Thanks in advance. 

It’s all just nuts/bolts or simple wiring, with the exception of the instrument pack. This is CANBUS driven on the Puma/Tdci and so requires some fiddling to work with an older Td5 engine/vehicle. You can either do away with it and fit the Td5 gauges/lights into the later binnacle, or I believe there are now CANBUS adaptors available that will take the signals from your older vehicle and drive the newer gauges.

Youll also potentially have issues with the gearstick interfering with the dashboard. I’ve read various conflicting reports with solutions ranging from bending the gearstick to fitting Discovery shifters and making up a custom centre console.

Thanks for your reply mate. I can have a complete bulkhead and heater etc just wondering weather to take up the offer and “try to” install it 

Defenderupgrades are advertising full functionality with puma dash instruments on td5/tdi equipped vehicles. No prices listed, just a "contact for info" page

You can get the puma dash gauge controller from here

Mo

• Thanks 1