Brake warning light check

Hi, I have a 1997 300tdi. The brake warning light is not coming on at startup (the test it does). The low level switch is working but the hand brake switch isn't, I am not sure if that's connected to the fact the start up test is not happening. I know it's not the end of the world but would like to see if I can fix it. Any ideas of where to start? Is there a relay for this lamp flashing at startup? 

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. I don't know whether it should on start up as it has a test facility. I would be more concerned that the hand brake lever is not operating it, I would check that the lead is connected and the switch makes contact to earth.

300TDI era trucks do not have a brake light check function.  Earlier trucks did have a check relay.  Both the low level switch and the park brake switch are directly connected to the lights.  The switches switch to ground.

Edited by Red90