5x6.5 Trailer Hubs

ajh

Does anyone know where I can get trailer hubs in 5 on 6.5 (Defender/RRC/D1) bolt pattern? Hopefully later I will also need the new D2 pattern if that is out there. I would prefer not to have to ship entire axle assemblies if I can get hubs that will fit to the axles available locally.

My other option is to fabricate new ones with flanges that will allow the use of LR stubs and hubs, but that isn't ideal at this point.

Thanks for any information.

Ifor Williams has the LR pattern, as did Rise - although those are serious money these days.

There are several axle suppliers that can sell you what you want - Richardson

However, I suggest against the use of unusual stuff on trailers.

Get something local and widely sold and have 2 adaptors machines for you to go make it accept LT Rims.

Cheaper and easier in the long run I guess..

Bon Courage

In the long run I would machine flanges that match the Rover axle end and just use stubs and hubs on a 3" axle tube. As long as I am doing one-offs and they are registered as homebuilt no big deal, but if I want to do many then I need something I can get approved, and Spacers will not do.

IIRC ifor axles are KNOT, ALKO also make axles.

Look on the ifor website at axles for an LM126 these will have the correct stud pattern and auto reverse drum brakes with a rating of 1750kg per axle.

Knott are certainly fitted to the Ifor, and many other 3.5 ton trailers,  but I am not aware of an unbraked hub of that size, worth checking the Knott online shop though. 

LM's are fitted with two different axles depending whether twin or triple axle format, twins have 10" /250mm brakes, triples have 8" /200mm brakes.

Had a little look for this this morning, none of the EU stuff gets anywhere near that size, I suspect it's because of the legislation. 5x112mm would be the nearest. I did find this catalog though;

http://www.roadque.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Roadque-Updated-Catalogue.pdf

page 4 has shows an axle, and page 9 shows the loose hubs... shipping might kill it but no harm in asking.

23 hours ago, Red90 said:

Just take a hubs (and spindle) from any old Rover.  Easy to find a Disco at the junkyard or just buy new.

That is one of my options as mentioned, however that also makes getting TC/DOT approval something I need to think about. and if my plan is low volume that may not be a reasonable approach. Having hubs I can just put onto an existing axle probably doesn't help much, except if they already have type approval there/CE it would probably moot the issue in the end. This and the desire to only have to ship the hubs; whole axles would be expensive, hubs alone not too bad if I include them in my sea LCL shipments.