MOT testing hammer

Sharp

South West, not quite sure where to go next. It's really difficult finding a garage you get on with, I hate dodgy MOT's and I'm not looking for anyone to do me any favours or cut corners but a little bit of common sense is apreciated. I took the subaru to an MOT testing centre last year that only does MOT's and no repair work, came back with a list of advisories the length of my arm, the most innane of which was some slight discolouration along the top of my front number plate (-Front registration plate deteriorated but not likely to be misread). Despite the high cost of repair work this garage didn't put that on the certificate and that meant the whole thing (including their retest fee!) was less than £100 and I have a nice clean MOT certificate. They also didn't fail the landy on the egr being blanked which from chatting to others is something which a lot of testers aren't pulling people up for - but you don't know until you've put it in. I think a strict MOT tester could go to town on most landys if they felt the need to. So I guess it's time to take a punt somewhere else and hope they dont' slap a dangerous fail on and present me with a massive bill that I can't drive it away to fix myself.

Edited by Sharp

1 hour ago, Sharp said:

and hope they dont' slap a dangerous fail on and present me with a massive bill that I can't drive it away to fix myself.

ive had that happen at a couple of dodgy garages to a couple of mates of mine. their face when they called me, i rocked up with a trailer and took the cars a mile down the road, dropped them off and then went back a hour later with a clean pass sheet and a request for a appeal form!

Edited by qwakers