Sign in to follow this  
sarfarm

Sunroofs again

Has anyone actually removed these leaky units and replaced them with something else ??????

Edited by sarfarm

Why go to the trouble of making something that’s water tight to replace the sunroofs, when all u have to do is replace one or both of the existing seals.

I fixed mine, just took them both out, cleaned up the seal and the roof and refitted using sealant, no more leaks.

Make sure the drain holes are clear and work properly, they make a lot of difference.

50 minutes ago, Richard Mills said:

I fixed mine, just took them both out, cleaned up the seal and the roof and refitted using sealant, no more leaks.

Make sure the drain holes are clear and work properly, they make a lot of difference.

Drain holes! For owners that open and tilt their sunroof while it’s covered with water, hence drains only at the front of the sunroof.  💦  

Edited by teabag
Spelling

As said, take them out clean them up and refit with a non-setting sealant similar to that used on caravan windows. Allows for the different expansion rates.