Vehicle transport recommendations

Maverik

Hi folks,

I'm looking for any recommendations for vehicles mover type folk, found a few listed online of course but was looking for any pointers of any good/bad experiences thats all.

Its moving a short wheel base type vehicle from south lake district up to Aberdeenshire...

Advice appreciated

Mav

Maverik

I recommend AAA Vehicle Logistics in Strathaven. (My younger brother lol)

Despite the fact he is my brother he does know what he is doing and uses a Nissan Cabstar with a trailer. He travels all over the UK on a weekly basis. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2019 at 12:27 PM, Maverik said:

Hi folks,

I'm looking for any recommendations for vehicles mover type folk, found a few listed online of course but was looking for any pointers of any good/bad experiences thats all.

Its moving a short wheel base type vehicle from south lake district up to Aberdeenshire...

Advice appreciated

Mav

There's a lad called Daniel Watson runs around the UK most weeks, he's based up your way.

I put mine on Shipley (google shipley) and put in a description of what you want etc and then companies will quote for the work. You can see their history and reviews and also what they are using etc.

Cant remember what it cost but I think it was about £300 to get a defender 90 from exeter to warrington

On 3/1/2019 at 12:27 PM, Maverik said:

Hi folks,

Advice appreciated

Mav

Last year I moved a D2 from the southern Lake District to Aberdeenshire. I used Shipley, and IIRC it cost me £325. The chap was quite friendly but due to vehicle problems, he turned up at about 2am!      I think that the Shipley system works well though.

I was moving the car from Ulpha to Lumphanan

The only time I have known him to have a problem with either a pick up or a delivery is either traffic or a breakdown. But the last time he had a breakdown he was arranging some of his many contacts to pick up an collect from his broken truck.