How to make / fold this lifting roof section ?

So Arjan the good news is I have decided to go to the Newbury sort out and will be taking the prospective roof section with me and pass it on to miketomcat if he is still going Mike I will pm you nearer the time for contact details if that's ok

On a side note have looked at going to the sort out for a lot of years but not made it as yet as its a 13/14 hour round trip anyways going this year so dam well looking forward to it

Regards Stephen

Edited by Stellaghost
Spelling

So did the mods for Arjan's roof today bit heath Robinson but got there

IMG_20190312_1346334_rewind.jpgUsing trailer as a platform for folding

IMG_20190312_1402375_rewind.jpgSome c section steel and a ratchet strap for clamping

IMG_20190312_1502559_rewind.jpgGetting there with the fold using g clamps and hammers

IMG_20190312_1536405_rewind.jpgFolding finished and cut to size

IMG_20190312_1715348_rewind.jpgTigged

IMG_20190312_1716093_rewind.jpgCleaned up a bit and now ready to go to Newbury sort out

Edited by Stellaghost
Additions

Awesome - just plain awesome !!

Looking really, really good !!!!

Now, excuse my ignorance / rudeness / etc......

I've had an offer for the roof to be collected and taken to France by one of our fellow forum members if he could collect it when he goes over and he will be goint to the Bristol area... (roughly 2km from the site of the original 'old sodbury sort out'

Is there any way we can make this work ?

Mike has come to the rescue and can store the hatch there until it is collected...

May I say, again, this is just absolutely brilliant !!!!!

Many, many thanks to you all !!!!!!

1 hour ago, Bowie69 said:

I'm reckoning on this being the longest forum relay to date :)

I did relay some Series parts to St Petersburg for an Iranian-built Pazhan 90 but I can't remember if that was via this forum! :ph34r:

Edit: yes it was!  What do I win? :rofl:

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the update !

I am really, really looking forward seeing this roof hatch in the aluminium soon.

And again, let me say I am very, very thankful for all the people I've never met that helped out in this.

Guys, you are just awesome !!

Yes....

The € 5-7k on the Continent somehow translates to idiot money in the UK..

PSP roofs (Holland) are where I suggest people go as Paul makes very good stuff for a normal price and the quality is very, very good

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE - the roof section is now in France !

I cannot thank everybody enough for their help.

However, there always is one...

image.png.4936d24b1454fb599f10920b1e72ccae.png

image.png.482956a22d6a547ceab877731d537ec9.png

The 110 isn't mobile as you can see.

We're not sure what happened, but the result was not nice.

The parts are ordered tomorrow, but I'm off to Holland next weekend for 2 weeks of work so collection is a bit of a problem..

Not happy with the 110 at the moment......

I had something similar on the back of 45. The caliper had become worn allowing the brake pad to drop through the caliper more than it should. The metal part of the pad was touching the top hat part of the disc and had machined a groove 4mm wide and 3mm deep. When I discovered it the disc broke in two on disassembly. I would be willing to bet this is what has happened to you so I would recommend you check you calipers.

Mike

Hi Mike !

Caliper seems fine. The various nuts and other pieces of metal have been fused into a lot of nasty, smoking stuff.

Small miracle I got it to a friend safely..