2001 discovery 2 td5 auto

Downsy

Hi all help needed please !!!!!

I replaced my battery as it had been stood for a few weeks and was flat.

But now carnt get the key remote to work to disable the immobiliser. 

I can open the doors with the key but the alarm goes off i put the key in the ignition turn it on and all lights on dash board come on as normal but the little red led just keeps flashing and wont start 

Any ideas ???

Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, bear said:

Try using the key to input your EKA. (Emergency Key Acess) Instructions in the handbook.

Griff

I always use my EKA - once you have put it in (quite a faff) then your physical key works like normal until next time you disconnect the battery. Once you have it running on EKA you can get your current keys coded to the car if necessary. My keys are not coded to the car but I have spent the last 50 years using physical keys so I don't really mind :D

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Downsy said:

Thanks for the replys but were willni find the code ? 

Now THAT I don't know...

Mine was typed out on several bits of paper that came with the car - one in the glove box, one with the log book etc etc. Presumably the last owner was worried about losing it. I photographed it on my phone for the same reason.

I suspect that your friendly local Land Rover dealer could find it for you (for a fee no doubt) or it might be in the original docs that came with the new car - if you have them.

Rog

3 hours ago, ThreeSheds said:

Now THAT I don't know...

Mine was typed out on several bits of paper that came with the car - one in the glove box, one with the log book etc etc. Presumably the last owner was worried about losing it. I photographed it on my phone for the same reason.

I suspect that your friendly local Land Rover dealer could find it for you (for a fee no doubt) or it might be in the original docs that came with the new car - if you have them.

Rog

Thank you i will have a look at the weekend and let u know 

On 3/4/2019 at 2:41 PM, ThreeSheds said:

I always use my EKA - once you have put it in (quite a faff) then your physical key works like normal until next time you disconnect the battery. Once you have it running on EKA you can get your current keys coded to the car if necessary. My keys are not coded to the car but I have spent the last 50 years using physical keys so I don't really mind :D

Hi i went out to it this morning having been stood a full week unlocked it with the key touched the old key fob and it worked and i could start it.😁 i went back to it 25 mins later and it wont work again !!!!! Any ideas ????

3 hours ago, Downsy said:

Hi i went out to it this morning having been stood a full week unlocked it with the key touched the old key fob and it worked and i could start it.😁 i went back to it 25 mins later and it wont work again !!!!! Any ideas ????

Plus what do u mean by physical keys ?

On 3/9/2019 at 6:53 AM, Downsy said:

Happy you have resolve your discos issue, it’s a known problem with the receiver.

Re. the access code, that’s normal... enter the code but don’t lock lock the vehicle there’s no need to enter it again, then because you re locked the access code had to be re entered again, I assume that’s what u did.🙂

Edited by teabag

2 hours ago, teabag said:

Happy you have resolve your discos issue, it’s a known problem with the receiver.

Re. the access code, that’s normal... enter the code but don’t lock lock the vehicle there’s no need to enter it again, then because you re locked the access code had to be re entered again, I assume that’s what u did.🙂

Not sure mate to be honest but all sorted now thank god 😀