Leafers at t'pit - August bank Holiday

lo-fi

Hello

Just thought I'd pop a note up about the event for leaf sprung Land Rovers this year at the end of August:

http://www.avlr.org.uk/event/leafers-at-tpit

Its a friendly, low key, welcoming event organised by the guys over at seriouslyseries.com, open to all who might enjoy mooching around some green oval relics of all shapes and sizes, nattering to other enthusiasts and generally having a grand day out with Land Rovers. If you'd like to bring a vehicle to show off, it must be on leaf springs, though ;)

Camping spots will be available (details tbc), with food for those staying - usually bbq, pie and pot noodle nights - and beer on tap from a barrel in the back of a sankey, just as it should be - again all tbc at this stage. The event website itself hasn't been updated yet, but I'll post a link as details emerge. 

There's a new venue this year as the event outgrew the space at the National Coal Mining museum, but Apedale Light Railway look like they're going to be splendid hosts, being well used to classic car rallies and suchlike. 

Hope to see a few of you there! 

The Ninety is in the workshop now for a service - nect one in is the Hybrid to finish it and get it CT'd (French MOT)

Then I'll do a test drive to the Alps and take it to 10,000 ft. to see how it goes.

August (LATP) will be about 2,000 miles round trip

It will be......

He 's been there before

image.png.5f6847c51a547bf72bb27564a7861328.png

But now things are a bit different - engine, gearbox etc. are all different..

Hence the shakedown.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well.... It's not happening.

No LATP this year for me.😪

Work and timing got in the way...

Not to mention a new body for the Mrs.....

Not happy....

• 1 month later...

Was a fantastic event! The new venue is Flippin AceTM  

Tom took a time lapse which has worked really well:

I grabbed a walk through video; I'll post later on when I've edited.

Put it in the diary next year! The pit tour is also well worth doing and the little railway is charming. They even brought a steam loco into the top of the field for photo ops with Land Rovers - a particularly nice touch. Sunday had a classic car rally come and join us too, which I hope is repeated next year. 

• Like 1

Excellent! As your epic trips with a V8 go, that's a mere "popping down the road" ;)

I didn't do too badly on fuel, even towing a sankey. Cost me less than fifty quid each way, stopping off at Derby on the way, totalling 350 miles. Works out to 20mpg. On carbs :blink: Yes, I was shocked. I'll take that!