55 minutes ago, Shackleton said:

What is that, Benz? Sounds quality.

Yeah, Mercedes OM613.... straight 6. I think 3.2L from memory.

• Like 1

I'm more than happy to develop a controller for EDC if anyone can pass on the technical specs on the back of a cheque ;)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

I'm more than happy to develop a controller for EDC if anyone can pass on the technical specs on the back of a cheque ;)

Dumb question but surely megasquirt could be adapted to run a diesel.

Mike

MS1 only has 4 injector drivers if I'm not mistaken. Enough for a 4 pot or bank fire in a V8 petrol, but no good for a 5 or 6 pot diesel. I'm sure MS2 or MS3 can cope though.

Filip

It's not that at all - EDC (as I understand it) is not firing injectors, it's just adjusting the pump parameters by varying a couple of actuators and possibly reading a couple of sensors, which is far simpler than what MS has to do.

However, common-rail direct-injection diesels with no mechanical injection pump have a far harder job to do than petrol injection - the injectors are dealing with huge pressures so take a more complex set of electronics to control them, the timing of the injection event is critical (much more like controlling spark than fuel) but they have to start and stop injection at exactly the right time and often fire several injections per combustion event with very tight timing. It makes petrol fuel + spark look very easy by comparison.

None of it's insurmountable, it just needs someone willing to spend the time & money and sacrifice a few engines to the R&D process :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FridgeFreezer said:

It's not that at all - EDC (as I understand it) is not firing injectors, it's just adjusting the pump parameters by varying a couple of actuators and possibly reading a couple of sensors, which is far simpler than what MS has to do.

As far as I know on the Merc ones, it controls the rack position via the throttle position, and limits that movement relative to boost pressure so it's not rolling coal.

On 3/14/2019 at 1:03 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

A controller is available from Iceland at USD 650.

https://controls.is/shop/ecu/dsl1

T

• Like 1

Anyone has dyno charts for 300tdi EDC?

Also, any ideas on how to make the torque curve "flatter"?

Fit a Lexus V8 ;)

dynograph2.jpg

Yes, that is nearly flat all the way down to 1K.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Fit a Lexus V8 ;)

Nice - I'm stealing that dyno plot for my collection too :lol:

@FridgeFreezer, here's a 10K rpm version: 

158222d1259401579-max-na-numbers-for-400

Yes, that really is over 400 WBHP NA 4.3L 1UZ-FE, VVTI switched off.

"That's probably what I'm going to be running. Especially as it will talk to my transmission controller too."

Please tell me more about setup and intended purpose!

Which TCU?

T

Edited by Tobias

37 minutes ago, Tobias said:

"That's probably what I'm going to be running. Especially as it will talk to my transmission controller too."

Please tell me more about setup and intended purpose!

Which TCU?

T

I'm using Ole's controller from Ofgear.dk.

It's all in my build thread in my signature. I'm rebuilding my 90 (slowly) with a Mercedes OM606, 722.6 5 speed auto from an ML, coupled up to an LT230 with my own billet adaptor.