3.9v8 not starting

Bigred357

Hi I have a 97 r reg 3.9 efi auto discovery that won’t run. I took it to the shops the other weekend and it cut out half way there but restarted fine but then cut out on the way back and wouldn’t start. I’ve just charged the battery and tried to start it fired up for a few seconds and cut out and now just cranking over. I’ve checked I’ve power to ignition coil but still nothing. 

21 hours ago, Bigred357 said:

Hi I have a 97 r reg 3.9 efi auto discovery that won’t run. I took it to the shops the other weekend and it cut out half way there but restarted fine but then cut out on the way back and wouldn’t start. I’ve just charged the battery and tried to start it fired up for a few seconds and cut out and now just cranking over. I’ve checked I’ve power to ignition coil but still nothing. 

It’s something that to my engine a few years ago.

Run a temporary wire from the battery + to your coil + then see if it starts. If so I tell u what to do.

There’s no need now to remove the dash as stated in the link above which also has a few technical errors in it.

Can you hear the fuel pump run when you turn the ignition on? I have had two that the supply to the pump is problematic due to the connector in the passenger foot well getting corroded by water ingress. The plug which is tucked up on the side of the passenger foot well needs to be pulled apart and apply some contact cleaner, connect  and disconnect the plug a few times to improve contact.