range rover classic parts catolouge

john elmes

If  you don't find an on-line copy I have a 2 door parts book and possibly an early 4 door one somewhere , just post up what you are trying to find , there are several RRC lovers on here so someone will know :)

cheers

Steve b

Ok, new to this site and had'nt noticed there were seperate forums for defenders and range rovers etc, know now.

This is proving to be difficult, looked at all those links and cant find anything in the search or index, that match's windscreen, let alone "rear view mirror windscreen mount". is it under Body or interior trim or what?

Hi John

My 1992-1994 RRC Parts Catalogue has "Mirror Interior" listed under BODY AND CHASSIS" in Diagrams 615 to 617.  Various types and various model numbers depending on LHS or RHS, with just map lamps or with map lamps and Auto-Dim function.  But the part you are looking for is not listed as a separately-available item...... in fact there is a footnote which says " It is not possible to replace windscreen slug in service".   I guess the "slug" is the bit that glues to the windscreen and is the bit you need.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you may find the part you need from Independents, even though it may involve buying the entire mirror assembly!  

Personally, I would be looking for someone who is breaking a RRC and would be prepared to prise the old slug off a windscreen for a reasonable price..... either that or have one fabricated.....?

Good luck.

I suspect it will be bonded with Neverbereleased, and in all likelihood break any windscreen you try to remove it from.
Does it need a new screen? If so you may be able to claim on your insurance?