Central locking and immobiliser???

Can any one help my galv rebuild is back together and the central locking won’t work it didn’t work before I started but read on the net that this YWC106280 10AS is the central locking module. Any one have any ideas if it’s fused or has a relay? Immobiliser is working fine. Also interior light doesn’t come on when door is open but comes on when you turn it on so could that be fuse related? Have a wire under seat box that’s not going to anything as you can see in picture is this anything to do with anything?

F6F7CE5E-F2EF-4BCC-8A21-F3CA795F55C1.jpeg

D53B33F0-CE19-43AE-8741-F32C89C6BC92.jpeg

41450E5C-18AC-4364-BADF-694D6B275395.jpeg

There's only a single supply fuse for the 10AS unit, (fuse 7 under the seat box,) so if the immobiliser is working that suggests it's ok.

Immobiliser, interior light control and central locking are all functions provided by the 10AS but it needs to be programmed accordingly, (via the OBD port,) they can lose their configuration or get corrupted, mostly I think due to the battery being disconnected, you'll need to find someone locally with a Nanocom or similar to set it up.

I don't believe the spare connector has any bearing on the issue.

If the door switches don't work properly then the 10AS will think that they are open and it won't try to lock. At least that's what I have found with my five door 110 SW which also has a bonnet switch. That too should indicate that the bonnet is closed.

So get the light working off the doors if you can by checking the switches etc.

I have had my 10AS disconnected for ages in the past and it still remembered what it was supposed to do.

Edited by Peaklander

15 minutes ago, Peaklander said:

If the door switches don't work properly then the 10AS will think that they are open and it won't try to lock. At least that's what I have found with my five door 110 SW which also has a bonnet switch. That too should indicate that the bonnet is closed.

So get the light working off the doors if you can by checking the switches etc.

I have had my 10AS disconnected for ages in the past and it still remembered what it was supposed to do.

Thanks for the help mate. If it thought something was open would the interior lights not be on? 

The connector under the seat is to connect to the second row door harness of a 110 Station Wagon

https://www.lrworkshop.com/connectors/defender-2002my/C2004

The 10AS unit you have is correct for having the potential for CDL. You'll need to plug it in to a diagnostic unit to see what the setting values are, as the CDL can be configured in relation to how the alarm functions. Possibly though, it does not have CDL as the following link states "It also, performs Central Locking control functions. However, some versions have the required components omitted for this"

https://nanocom-diagnostics.com/downloads/preview/lucas-10as-alarm-nanocom-evolution