Fuel/Temp Gauge problem

Hello all,

I have a '92 110 200tdi and recently Installed a radio but noticed my temp/fuel gauge no longer worked nor did my side/indicator/tail lights. Replaced the fuse and the lights are back but the gauges still show no life. Was thinking I might have disconnected something when pulling speaker wire but didnt see any loose connections on either instrument.  I did cut some wires to connect to the radio harness but those were never connected to anything, other than maybe the old radio which is long gone.  The wire colors were purple and green. These were connected to a bullet connector (like the attached photo) but were not being used, just "extra" wiring where the radio used to be. I just cut off the connector and used one purple for the 12v the others I taped off and used an extra red/white for the ignition connection. Could that be the issue or maybe a bad ground connection?  I've since disconnected the radio but still have the same issue.  Thanks in advance.

multiplug2.jpg

I did blow the fuse #5 which runs wipers, gauges and lights (minus headlights) which I swapped out and the lights worked again but the gauges still dont.  Is there an additional fuse that I could be missing?  Like I said the wires I tapped into were not being used but I suppose that could be the issue regardless.  I used a purple for the 12v permanent but the other purple and green wires that were part of the connector I taped off.  And I used a spare red/white I had for the radio ignition.  

I got hold of a voltmeter and determined no juice coming into the gauges but the fuse that runs the gauges/lights is good as the signal/brake lights work fine.  Could there be another fuse I'm missing or maybe I blew a relay?

Edited by JL45