indicators and hazards flashing too fast

The above has cropped up with my 1995 90 just as I am on the push for an mot but I can't find the cause of the fault. New indicator stalk fitted, relay swopped and hazard switch changed over with my 110 parts still fasty fast but ok on the 110. I have done the checks from the Tech forum everything seems ok.  I do not know where to go next. Any help would be appreciated guys.

The indicator relay is designed to flash quickly in response to insufficient current being drawn on the circuit, usually caused by a failed bulb, if you're sure the bulbs are all OK I'd check on the earth returns from the indicator lamps, particularly the rear ones, it could be they're getting a return via the tail lamp filaments which wouldn't allow enough current to operate the relay properly.

• Like 1

Thanks

All bulbs are flashing I have changed them and the fuses. I have put all new lights and sockets on and rewired the rear wires that cross from offside to nearside as they were blackened. I removed a black wire as I hoped to earth through the chassis what you have explained makes a lot of sense as to my problem. I'll be putting a new earth in tomorrow where would be the best place to bring it from the one I remove was not connected to any thing at the front.

each set of rear lights should be earted to the body behind the corner cover panels

each set of front lights should be earthed to the inner wing forward vertical edge behind the lights.

make sure the bulbs are correct for each light & properly seated in their holders, led bulbs in normal lights are not legal, only full led lights.

Got it sorted 4 new earths 1 for each indicator of the body this time and back to normal flashy flash. Relief, now just need to keep it like that and see if I can get an earlier mot than 16th April.

Big thanks for the help guys.👌

One to remember for sure. 👍

• Like 1