300tdi turbo inlet size

Hi,  Wondered if anyone knew the air inlet o/d on a standard 300tdi turbo?  

I have a 110 Tithonus fitted with a 300tdi with lt77 and want to fit the proper 300 air filter housing and locate it on the air con pump mounts so I can run to a snorkel on the drivers side wing. 

I'm told that the original Defender air pipe from the turbo won't fit as my engine is further back than the factory position due to the lt77. It does look like there's enough room to get a 2.5" or 3" alloy/silicone hose around the back of the engine but I wondered if anyone has done it?  I'll try and post some pics of the space I have between engine and bulkhead.  Any help appreciated. 

20190319_122803.jpg

20190321_141931.jpg

I have a 300 turbo on my 200 and fitted the airbox where you’ve got it. I used silicone elbows and stainless pipe to route it round the back, OE bobbins and brackets to mount the airbox, the rear lifting eye mount to hold the pipe, and a silicone reducer from the airbox to the pipesize.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys,  really appreciate your help,  I've already bought the air box straps and rubber bobbins just need to make a bracket to fit onto the air con pump mounts,  was thinking 5mm steel plate.  

I'll then fit the snorkel,  have found a 3" car exhaust stub with a flange so will mount that onto a plate that mirrors the shape of the snorkel and  bolt them together through the wing panel,  then it's 3" flexible pipe from snorkel to air box and get a reducer and some alloy and silicone tubing to run to the turbo. 

1 hour ago, Mo Murphy said:

I'd go through the wing through the top blanking plate on top of the wing through a plate made to fit, 3mm/10 gauge will suffice. Brings you out nicely for the airbox.

HTH 

Mo

I've already got the Masai 300tdi metal snorkel that clears the roll cage (after buying a normal metal 300tdi snorkel because I was told I could trim the inlet tube down to clear the cage . . Wrong!) I also bought the 300tdi inner plastic air box/duct but they're pretty flimsy hence my all metal inner part idea! To do the wing top would mean removing and trimming the MOD installed checker plate as it covers the drivers side wing top vent. Having said that you've now got me thinking . . .   👍

Edited by Andicog

51 minutes ago, Anderzander said:

I think so. Unless you want to mount suspension on it too ? 

I always err on the side of caution! What would you recommend and shall I cancel the heavy duty drivers side spring I ordered? I do have some 4mm alloy but wasn't sure about the vibration.   😂

Edited by Andicog

9 hours ago, Anderzander said:

It’s up to you 😊

Here’s mine with a snorkel top pushed onto the airbox. I just used sheet steel of similar thickness to the airbox and straps.

EBF21F0C-D21C-42FD-883C-CFD363F1745A.jpeg

Thanks,  really helps,  been toying with this idea for ages but so many supposedly knowledgeable people said it can't be done.   Appreciate your help,  did you run 2.5" round the back of engine with reducer on air box or 3" with reducer on turbo?