Eberspacher fan speed sensor?

dantastic

This forum has a wealth of knowledge so I figured I'd ask here.

I have an old Eberspacher D2 I want to use for a project. I've done a service and it looks really nice and clean. Trying to start the unit the fan spins up for about 2 sec and then everything just shuts down. The only error code logged is '33'. The manual suggests this is a fan speed issue. The fan speed is measured by a magnet.

I have taken the fan off the motor and I can see on the back that there has been significant rubbing. There's also an empty hole where a magnet could have been located. So me question is, should there be a magnet mounted to the fan? Or where is the magnet the sensor is using to measure the fan speed?

well the fan is balanced as well as the air gap being set  and the magnets are not available seperately , you are really going to need a blower motor, as otherwise you'll struggle to get proper combustion even if by fluke you get the fan speed within tolerance.

9 hours ago, supaimpy said:

well the fan is balanced as well as the air gap being set  and the magnets are not available seperately , you are really going to need a blower motor, as otherwise you'll struggle to get proper combustion even if by fluke you get the fan speed within tolerance.

The blower assembly new is two times the price of a full heater install kit from China. I'll take my chances...

I got in contact with the guy who runs the site linked to by @daveturnbull above. He suggested the fan was totally repairable using magnets, just like @zardos suggested.

So I have magnets bought and a 2 component liquid metal kind of filler bought that I will try to repair the fan with. Failing that I will get a Chinese fan. 

The German units are working really well but the parts are insanely expensive. If you treat the Chinese heaters as disposable you'd be better off. If if wasn't for the fact that I already own the Eberspacher I would 100% get a Chinese one.