Newbury Sortout 7th April 2019

steve200TDi

42 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Are you going in the Ibex Mike? I've still not seen it in the flesh :( 

It looks like the roof for arjan will fit inside so yes I'll be in the ibex. Perhaps I should arrange a time for guided tours in the car park. :ph34r:

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting morning.

Saw the Ibex in the carpark, looked nice.

Stood in the queue for the reasonable time it took to get from the end to the ticket office and watched a middleaged couple walk staright up to the kiosk and shrug off peoples complaints like nobody else mattered.

Bought an ally tranfer box sump I had wanted for some time for £30 retail £120 so worth the time for me.

9 hours ago, missingsid said:

Stood in the queue for the reasonable time it took to get from the end to the ticket office and watched a middleaged couple walk staright up to the kiosk and shrug off peoples complaints like nobody else mattered.

They should have been refused entry for the whole day for that - waste the journey and make them learn the hard way.

19 hours ago, missingsid said:

... can’t help but wonder if they were the folks who nicked a single fog light from me...

I mean, how low can folks go - it was one single, solitary fog light and I don’t even know what it would fit... it was a refugee from a previous pre-Newbury bulk-buy of tat (sorry, incredibly useful artefacts) and I think I was only asking £2 for it!

If someone had a genuine need, I’d have probably donated it - shame they didn’t chose to nick the five grotty old RRC alloys and tyres (suitable for refurb...) that I really, really wanted to shift to give me more storage space!