Before I torch the piece of Cr@p......

bishbosh

1999 TD5 auto.

1st Question:

The hand brake / low brake fluid warning light is permanently on. I have the electrical manual and as far as I can tell the switches for both function as they should and both have power to them (although less than 1V - no idea if this is normal or not?)

I also have the 3 amigos but i is my understanding that the hand brake light is not linked to them so I am at a loss to work out why the light is on. Help please!

Second question:

I replaced my rear ABS sensors with front ones as the rears are too short with a 2" lift. This is common practice apparently but sadly I got cheap ones and they seem to not be up to the task. They have the correct resistance (~1kOhm) and generate some voltage when the hub is rotated by hand but but my local independent has plugged her in and says the signal is too weak. So, as I need a new rear hub  (leaking) I thought I'd get a front hub  (interchangeable with rears) which will come with the ABS sensor. My question is, where is the sweet spot price wise as they go from £40 to silly genuine parts prices!

Lastly, I have fitted the 300TDi diff lock linkage but the diff lock light does not come on. I haven't cut the wire in the SLABS. Should I do this? Will this have a bearing (sorry) on the 3 amigos? Ashcroft's site seems to recommend doing it so perhaps that is tomorrow's task. 

Thanks for reading this far, hopefully you guys can help as I am at the bottom of my 3rd beer and still haven't cheered up!

On 3/31/2019 at 12:17 AM, bishbosh said:

I know the 3 amigos is the abs sensors thanks.😊 But I think they are not related to the handbrake warning lamp unless I can be educated otherwise?

The 3 amigos are related with the red brake(handbrake/low fluid) warning... it shoud be there all the time together with the 3 amigos according to the built in diagnostic protocol but in reality it isnt there only when ''solid'' current faults are logged mainly on sensors, see the attached doc(it's from the D2 workshop manual)

ABS diagnostics.jpg

• Thanks 1

Spooky! That is exactly the price point my indy recommended (supposedly "OEM") and I have one on order from him! :o

Didn't fancy the £500 LR part :hysterical::hysterical:

Edited by bishbosh

I had the 3 amigos for ages on my D2 and they suddenly packed up and departed when I fitted a new battery and had to make up new cables with decent clamps to replace the dodgy stuff that was fitted.

A guy I know also had the 3 Amigos and they were repaired with cleaned up earth points on the block and chassis.