2-Speed wiper wiring diagram / switch pics

FridgeFreezer

This is currently the source of more confusion than I expected - does anyone have a diagram that actually shows the 2-speed wiper wiring for a Series 3, and/or a picture or diagram of the correct switch an the wires going to it?

28 minutes ago, Red90 said:

The only difference with two speed is there is one more wire to the motor.  ULG is the high speed. NLG = off, RLG = low speed, LGB = wash, G = power.

Well that's the theory but no-one seems to have a 2-speed switch (part no 575146) or even a picture of one, and the one I sourced from eBlag is not actually internally wired correctly for self-parking if you use the regular diagram as you posted. So there's a discrepancy somewhere in all this.

It would work with a Defender wiper stalk, but not the rotary-type switch, at least as far as I can find.

So, the question remains as to where the real differences are and what an original install looks like.

Thanks Gazzar those photos are absolutely bang-on!

The self park feeds back through the switch on the Brown/Light Green wire, which is connected to the SLOW speed contact when switched OFF... and thanks to @Gazzar it shows that the switch I bought is NOT the right thing despite being advertised as the correct Land Rover part number.

My single-speed switch looks the same as Gazzar's but with one fewer terminal. All makes sense now!

Thanks all.

I used a Cole Hersee Switch.  Fits the stock location and you get variable intermittent.  Works great.  https://www.littelfuse.com/products/switches/windshield-wiper-switches/electronic-windshield-wiper-switches.aspx

They also do non intermittent ones: https://www.littelfuse.com/products/switches/windshield-wiper-switches/electrical-windshield-wiper-switches.aspx

Edited by Red90

6 hours ago, Red90 said:

I used a Cole Hersee Switch.  Fits the stock location and you get variable intermittent.  Works great.  https://www.littelfuse.com/products/switches/windshield-wiper-switches/electronic-windshield-wiper-switches.aspx

They also do non intermittent ones: https://www.littelfuse.com/products/switches/windshield-wiper-switches/electrical-windshield-wiper-switches.aspx

Book marked. Thanks.

• 11 months later...

Littelfuse have none in stock. They need a bulk order to manufacture.

So I'm looking at the Smart range, instead.  They're based near Abergavenny. I've asked them what they recommend.

• 7 months later...

Attaching an drawing I made to use the Lucas Switch that has no power terminal when switched off (for park power). An additional relay needs to be wired in. I marked most of the wire colors as found on the Series III. The switch I used for the drawing is what is available from the market as replacement for the wiper switch.

seriesIIIwiper.png

• 6 months later...
On 4/1/2019 at 1:09 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

This is currently the source of more confusion than I expected - does anyone have a diagram that actually shows the 2-speed wiper wiring for a Series 3, and/or a picture or diagram of the correct switch an the wires going to it?

It is very simple if you are wiring a Marinco afi windshield wiper? There are three terminals. There are three wires, red, black , orange. The black is ground, labeled with black Mark, the red goes to the forward spade and the orange goes to the rear spade.

11 hours ago, Ken Birkmire said:

It is very simple if you are wiring a Marinco afi windshield wiper? There are three terminals. There are three wires, red, black , orange. The black is ground, labeled with black Mark, the red goes to the forward spade and the orange goes to the rear spade.

OK this is getting weird round here - random newbies with 0 posts replying to years-old threads, and this one isn't even relevant to the actual thread???