FridgeFreezer

2-Speed wiper wiring diagram / switch pics

This is currently the source of more confusion than I expected - does anyone have a diagram that actually shows the 2-speed wiper wiring for a Series 3, and/or a picture or diagram of the correct switch an the wires going to it?

Nice try but that's 1-speed :P

2 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Nice try but that's 1-speed :P

Well spotted :hysterical: I would have sworn black was white I had 2 speed wipers, mind you, note yesterday's date ;)

I've a late series three with the 2 speed switch, plus wash. 

Do you need a photo of the back of the switch?

1 hour ago, Gazzar said:

I've a late series three with the 2 speed switch, plus wash. 

Do you need a photo of the back of the switch?

That would be great if you can get one, yes!

I'll try tonight. Otherwise the weekend.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Red90 said:

The only difference with two speed is there is one more wire to the motor.  ULG is the high speed. NLG = off, RLG = low speed, LGB = wash, G = power.

Well that's the theory but no-one seems to have a 2-speed switch (part no 575146) or even a picture of one, and the one I sourced from eBlag is not actually internally wired correctly for self-parking if you use the regular diagram as you posted. So there's a discrepancy somewhere in all this.

It would work with a Defender wiper stalk, but not the rotary-type switch, at least as far as I can find.

So, the question remains as to where the real differences are and what an original install looks like.

Like this.

IMG_20190402_183947.jpg

IMG_20190402_184050.jpg

IMG_20190402_184055.jpg

IMG_20190402_184110.jpg

IMG_20190402_184119.jpg

• Thanks 1

I converted my 2a lightweight to twin speed with park using a series headlight switch, if any use? Didn’t require any cutting into loom either.

Fridge, what makes you say it isn't wired for self park?
As I understand it, that is all internal to the wiper motor....

That true. There's a little plastic on thing about an inch long on the motor. Permanent live to the motor?

Thanks Gazzar those photos are absolutely bang-on!

The self park feeds back through the switch on the Brown/Light Green wire, which is connected to the SLOW speed contact when switched OFF... and thanks to @Gazzar it shows that the switch I bought is NOT the right thing despite being advertised as the correct Land Rover part number.

My single-speed switch looks the same as Gazzar's but with one fewer terminal. All makes sense now!

Thanks all.

Posted (edited)

I used a Cole Hersee Switch.  Fits the stock location and you get variable intermittent.  Works great.  https://www.littelfuse.com/products/switches/windshield-wiper-switches/electronic-windshield-wiper-switches.aspx

They also do non intermittent ones: https://www.littelfuse.com/products/switches/windshield-wiper-switches/electrical-windshield-wiper-switches.aspx

Edited by Red90

6 hours ago, Red90 said:

I used a Cole Hersee Switch.  Fits the stock location and you get variable intermittent.  Works great.  https://www.littelfuse.com/products/switches/windshield-wiper-switches/electronic-windshield-wiper-switches.aspx

They also do non intermittent ones: https://www.littelfuse.com/products/switches/windshield-wiper-switches/electrical-windshield-wiper-switches.aspx

Book marked. Thanks.

They look great! An all in one solution, probably stick one on the Moggy.