DC_

Best horn replacement

Hi guys and gals, thankfully I’ve not had to post in a while 😊 

just wondering if you guys have fitted a simple horn that’s better than the original as it’s become tired. 

I seen @Jocklandjohn mentioned a substitute a while back. Would like it a bit louder if possible but simple replacement. 

😊👍

Twin Land Rover horns, 1 high tone and 1 low tone

Posted (edited)

I fitted a pair of horns that I took off a VW Golf scrapper, I had to make a bracket for them to fit in place of the original single horn but well worth it. I also added a relay to switch the power directly from the battery.

Just be aware that if you're fitting salvaged or new conventional horns, the back, (mounting screw) of the horn vibrates so they need to be mounted on a flexible strip to work properly, if you mount them onto a rigid surface or bracket, they won't sound at all well.

Edited by crwoody

got a hi & lo note Mixo pair on my 110, bought from a local auto electrical supplier

Thanks guys, no relays please just a simple swap if it can be improved,... Ralph have you a link for the twin tone? 

The horns on my L322 weren't bad and just 12V so might be worth having a look.

111111so simple. I got a nice pair of hornes off a scrap BMW. The really do the job