Repair panels

JohnnoK

Is the scuttle panel that forms the base of the front screen and holds the bonnet hinges,  wiper assembly and the vent on the other side available as a separate section or will I need to fabricate the corroded bits myself?

I have seen hinge top corner repairs panels for each side, but if your corrosion goes inboard from there that is much more difficult, I haven't looked at the market lately (someone will be along who has) but the usual solution would be a secondhand bulkhead.

5 hours ago, Blanco said:

I have seen hinge top corner repairs panels for each side, but if your corrosion goes inboard from there that is much more difficult, I haven't looked at the market lately (someone will be along who has) but the usual solution would be a secondhand bulkhead.

That's pretty much what I'm after, it goes inboard until the bracket the air deflector attaches to, about an inch in from the hinges.

Can you point me in the right direction, please?

On 4/10/2019 at 11:30 PM, joe1 said:

I've never seen anything like that for a Disco - an almost impossible job as well for access without cutting huge swathes of external panel. I think Blanco above is talking Defenders not Discos!

Drat! Just when I was getting excited...

Oh, well... I guess it's going to have to be the hard way, then.

I need to replace the roof after it had an argument with a tree branch, and the screen needs to come out to do that, so pulling the dash and doing that at the same time will keep me off the streets for a while.