Retractable Airline Recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to post this review. A few minutes after I opened the box I found out that the car park beside the workshop was filled with many caravans and campervans, in contravention of the local by-laws. So I missed out on a lot of sleep.

Anyway, the wolf air line looks okay.

I think it needs some work to realise the potential, but the bones of a good reel are there.

• Like 1

I will drill them out as much as they can be, so it will do.

The retract mechanism works well.

I think I'll attach it to one of the I beams in the workshop for general use, once I've the compressors set up.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Next major task is the workshop pneumatic system. I think I'll replace all the fittings, but the mechanism of the hose reel is good.

I aim to start this project in may.

Here's a taster.

IMG_20201230_134634.jpg

2 minutes ago, Gazzar said:

Next major task is the workshop pneumatic system. I think I'll replace all the fittings, but the mechanism of the hose reel is good.

I aim to start this project in may.

Here's a taster.

IMG_20201230_134634.jpg

Lots of friction created with elbows in compressed air systems, swept bends would be better if possible to maximise pressure at point of use regards Stephen

3 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

Lots of friction created with elbows in compressed air systems, swept bends would be better if possible to maximise pressure at point of use regards Stephen

It's a cooler water condenser thing, in a tight space.  So I used 28mm copper to condensate. 

There'll be a ring main after that, so I think I'll be okay. Probably massive over provision, but it's cheaper to do it right, once, than keep tinkering with it afterwards. As Landrover ownership proves.

• 1 month later...

Drilling them out to bore of the pipe was too much, they broke off.

So I bought some PCL XF barb tail fittings, 10 mm id barb, and replaced the input and output. 

There are still some narrow bored fittings, but removing two of them can't hurt.

IMG_20210518_193257.jpg

IMG_20210518_193442.jpg