Water ingress, Front wells and load area.

stussy

Hello.

Ive a 300 tdi es N reg 1996 that seems to have more water on the inside than the outside, The load area floor gets wet so much so that the boot floor has a few holes in it ,can these be replaced? and both footwells are wet, the carpet is dry but the black rubber/foam under the carpet is soaking, Has any one got any ideas where to start looking and also how do i replace the boot floor,

For some good tips take a look at Mark's thread in the members forum. He's replaced a lot of metal very nicely on his Disco.

Mine, well I've got as far as removing all the carpets which has made a big improvement, but I'll not be looking to fix the boot floor (probably replace with 5bar) until the spring.

Stussy,

As you seem to have found out, disco's are notorious for leaking. There are two issues to look at - stopping the water getting in, and repairing the damage where it has already come in. There is a LR technical bulletin about common ingress points - if you do a search in the disco forum it was posted up somewhere.

In terms of repairing, anything is possible depending on how much effort or £££ you want to throw at it. The boot floor is available as a replacement part, and by the sounds of yours, then it should be a relatively simple replacement. The footwells will need patching is suspect. I did mine, and they still let water in!

As trev mentioned, I have tried to document what I have done on mine in my Disco Blog thread in the Members vehicles forum.

Cheers

Mark

By the way, this may look like my first post but I was a member of the old forum. I just don't get on here very often. :rolleyes:

With posts of that quality you should post more often. :D

Please to see there are other advocates of mastic and pop rivets though ;)