NeilF

Curious ignition

Posted (edited)

Last night, I turned the ignition off and the engine kept running, until I turned the headlights off??? It happened twice (I removed the key, the second time). The third time, I switched the lights off first, and then turned the key and the engine stopped normally. Is this odd behaviour?

Edited by NeilF

Off course it's odd but as long as you dont say what kind of Disco you have it'll be hard to make an ideea

Diesel I assume? In which case either a small diesel leak past the stop solenoid or a residual voltage on the stop solenoid. I had a Defender with a 200Tdi do the same! There was also another thread last year on the same topic.

Cheers

Peter

Diesel can be a Td5 too which doesnt have a ''stop solenoid" and that symptom is caused by something else... so it's hard to say untill we dont know what year and engine is that vehicle

Posted (edited)

Sorry, away for the weekend, its a disco2 2002, TD5.

I haven't tried it with the lights on since........

Edited by NeilF

The first suspect is the interior fusebox which can develop various issues due to water ingress/internal corrosion.