Which Timing Belt Kit?

As per title.....

Which is the best timing belt kit for a 300Tdi?.....If I'm correct the kit part number is STC4096K

I know it needs to contain the DAYCO branded belt, but most kits have this in, so do i go for a Bearmach (states OEM), Britpart or what???

Plus is there anything i am likely to need that's not in the kit?

Cheers Andy 

Have decided to get the x3 new seals as well and will get Genuine or Corteco!

Am i right in thinking, may have read somewhere that there is an "0" ring too that is worth getting in case it's damaged or gets damaged during removal and refitting?.....if so what is the part number please?

Cheers Andy 

Revised bracket has two sliding bushes similar to an alternator mounting where it mounts to pump to prevent pump being overtightened onto a misaligned bracket.

Also you need to make a small gasket to pack out the central mounting bolt of the timing case cover - kits sometimes come with this gasket included, sometimes they don’t. If gasket not fitted it distorts the cover when central bolt tightened.

Edited by oneandtwo

Have noticed x2 part numbers for the timing belt kit STC4096K and STC4096L

Is there a difference or is it simply that L supersedes K ? 

Plus any thoughts on who's kit to get as most are supplied with a Dayco belt, ie do i go Bearmach or have seen one stating OEM with Britparts?