strange problem with not starting

bluealien

HI all,

I have strange problem that happened yesterday, 
I had just drived about 50 miles, left the car parked for a few hours and then started to head home. after a couple of miles I stopped at an esso stattion. but when I went to start the car it wouldn't start.
all the dash lights came on and went out as normal, but i couldn't hear the fuel pump and when i turned the key nothing happened. I tried this several times did the fuel pump reset thing but still no joy.
I left it about 30 mins and then tried again and it started?
and it started fine this morning

I had the same thing happen about 2 years ago and it has been fine since,
I have a hawkeye v5 and have just checked the fault codes and had the following 
3012 - Driver Demand 1 Low Logged
3044 - Driver Demand 1 Low Active
3056 - Fuel Pump Drive Open Logged

the fuel pump error cleared but the 2 driver demand codes don't, they have been there for the last 8+ year I thing its something to do with the remap.
Ive checked all the fuses and relays and they all test ok, the only thing I found was the spade connector on a brown wire on the side of the starter motor was a bit corroded, which ive cleaned.

Dose anyone have any ideas as Im a bit reluctant to go on any trips incase it doesnt start back up again.

Its a 2003 TD5 manual, coils not air.

Hi, Was the red imobilizer light on the dash flashing when you tried to start it? If so the starter motor won't operate. I've had this a couiple of times and simply locking with the fob/unlocking and starting straight away solved it.  Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along soon.

Griff