Where to find a 130 ambulance?

dantastic

I think there has been some confusion. Neither of the two links already posted were for any Yahoo Group.

The 127 / 130 Ambulance group still exists, although I am not a member.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/127-130-ambulance-owners-enthusiasts/info

That page gives more information, showing it has 162 members, and that there have been messages in most months, with 13 already in April.
It has existed since 2003.

Criteria shown is : For all owners and enthusiasts of the Marshall or Locomotors bodied Land Rover 127 / 130 ambulance. New members who fit the above description are always welcome. Membership is by application and new members are asked to submit a brief explanation of why they wish to join prior to approval.

Good Luck 🙂

The ambulance body on its own is £3750. This means the 130 running chassis is approx £20k without the cost of the body. That seems like a lot. Sure they are low mileage but they don't have normal doors, not the normal center console or anything so there is a lot of work that needs to be done the a base £20k+ vehicle. 

The single-cab 130s I've found have all lived a pretty hard life. They are working vehicles. It would feel silly to start a big camper build without fixing them up first. Good bit of time+money+more time.

I don't have unlimited amount of time to play with this unfortunately. I will keep looking. 

54 minutes ago, dantastic said:

they don't have normal doors, not the normal center console or anything

Eh?

I meant non-Pulse 127 or 130 ambulances, which are slightly smaller and don't have the Wolf special bits, mostly built on standard 127/130 truck cab or chassis-cab bases.

On 4/22/2019 at 4:13 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

You'll find 127 and non-Pulse 130's a hell of a lot cheaper, anything Pulse or Wolf seems to be priced about 50% over the odds.

The Yahoo group is still alive although it's not very active, you're as well off here as there TBH.

I was one of the founder members and admins back in the day. There should still be a wealth of useful stuff in the files and photo sections.

• 2 weeks later...

Our 130 Pulse converted (lightly) to a camper with fuel, kit, water and 2 people was 3120kg on the weighbridge so probably around 2800kg.

They're not series doors, theyre military doors.  They have sliding glass, but the door top is aluminium rather than the steel of series tops and they work much better. (they are very expensive if you try to buy them becasue they were only available on military, NAS and very early 110's.

There is a pulse for sale at the moment for £18k.

• 2 years later...

yes. Saw that today too, but thanks for mentioning.
Since I posted this I've been in contact with L Jackson and they have both some RHD ambulances and boxes for sale. They claim it's impossible to export out of UK as a private person, let alone foreigner. Anyone know anything more about this? There is a beertruck for sale,  at the -bay and it is sensibly priced, but I am afraid I would get stopped at the ferry, trying to bring it home.

Tobias

Sounds like an exaggeration to me - people import & export cars all the time, I'd guess there's going to be local rules at your end about what you can & can't import or register (age, type approvals, import taxes, military equipment restrictions, that sort of thing) but I'd be very surprised if it's totally unpossible.

Nothing stopping you owning & driving a UK registered vehicle abroad for a while :ph34r:

9 hours ago, landroversforever said:

I wonder if its this bit. I seem to remember something about being specifically licensed to sell military stuff out of the uk.

It probably is that. I think the easy fix would be to have someone in the UK register it as a regular vehicle first, and then buy it?

9 hours ago, missingsid said:

I know the US has major restrictions on exmilitary vehicle exports but did not think the UK did?

It's not necessarily the exporting, it's the importing -  Germany has strict rules for example, a lot of ex-mil trucks have disabled CTIS because that's classed as a military technology under their rules.

I don't know where a Pulse would fall foul - the older models (like ours) were also sold as civilian units and were based on civvy 110's or 127's, while the Pulse is very definitely built on the Wolf platform with MOD-spec chassis etc. so it could be that, or it could just be that you would need to road-register it as an ambulance or commercial vehicle 1st.