Clutch assist spring

Be aware that this gives a non-linear clutch feel.  There is less force when depressed than at the top with a distinct transition.  Personally, I don't like it.  You get used to it, but a normal clutch with a slight increase in pressure with travel is easier to modulate.

Edited by Red90

38 minutes ago, western said:

Mine has been fitted since mid 1994, it was a genuine 300tdi clutch pedal assembly. 

I Would say there is another problem to make the spring snap. 

Mine is also a '94 300Tdi. I bought it 2 years ago and the original spring also snapped 8 months ago. I replaced it with the LOF spring, and that snapped yesterday.

What could I be doing wrong?

Edited by Mark Bartolo

Does the pedal move easily on its pivot points, the can corrode & make the pedal stiff, doubt you would notice when moving the pedal with your foot, put some light oil on the 2 circular bosses & pin ends on each side of the pedal assembly & take the top cover off & work some oil or grease into the threaded rod & parts inside. 

38 minutes ago, Mark Bartolo said:

Mine is also a '94 300Tdi. I bought it 2 years ago and the original spring also snapped 8 months ago. I replaced it with the LOF spring, and that snapped yesterday.

What could I be doing wrong?

LOF reported the other day that they have been having issues.  They just got in a new batch that they say solves the issue.  I would contact them for a replacement.

40 minutes ago, western said:

Does the pedal move easily on its pivot points, the can corrode & make the pedal stiff, doubt you would notice when moving the pedal with your foot, put some light oil on the 2 circular bosses & pin ends on each side of the pedal assembly & take the top cover off & work some oil or grease into the threaded rod & parts inside. 

Thanks for the tip.