Jump to content
Bigj66

Clutch assist spring

Recommended Posts

Be aware that this gives a non-linear clutch feel.  There is less force when depressed than at the top with a distinct transition.  Personally, I don't like it.  You get used to it, but a normal clutch with a slight increase in pressure with travel is easier to modulate.

Edited by Red90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, western said:

Mine has been fitted since mid 1994, it was a genuine 300tdi clutch pedal assembly. 

I Would say there is another problem to make the spring snap. 

Mine is also a '94 300Tdi. I bought it 2 years ago and the original spring also snapped 8 months ago. I replaced it with the LOF spring, and that snapped yesterday.

What could I be doing wrong?

Edited by Mark Bartolo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the pedal move easily on its pivot points, the can corrode & make the pedal stiff, doubt you would notice when moving the pedal with your foot, put some light oil on the 2 circular bosses & pin ends on each side of the pedal assembly & take the top cover off & work some oil or grease into the threaded rod & parts inside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Mark Bartolo said:

Mine is also a '94 300Tdi. I bought it 2 years ago and the original spring also snapped 8 months ago. I replaced it with the LOF spring, and that snapped yesterday.

What could I be doing wrong?

LOF reported the other day that they have been having issues.  They just got in a new batch that they say solves the issue.  I would contact them for a replacement.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, western said:

Does the pedal move easily on its pivot points, the can corrode & make the pedal stiff, doubt you would notice when moving the pedal with your foot, put some light oil on the 2 circular bosses & pin ends on each side of the pedal assembly & take the top cover off & work some oil or grease into the threaded rod & parts inside. 

Thanks for the tip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Red90 said:

LOF reported the other day that they have been having issues.  They just got in a new batch that they say solves the issue.  I would contact them for a replacement.

 

Thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy