Urgent request P38 diesel.

9 hours ago, elbekko said:

A few years back when I had a (smaller) split in my rad, I bought some high-temp epoxy and smeared that on. Worked fine for over a year.

Maybe would've been an easier fix on the road than swapping the whole rad out, but I'm glad you managed it.

Hi elbekko , I didn't know that they made stuff like that , that's why I put an urgent request out to you guys for info on a rad change but at the end of the day I think that I made the right decision as the crack was seven inches long , it was just doing the job with limited tools that was putting me off in the first place .

Glad you got home without further problems! Hope you still got the enjoy the holiday as well. Though I know it's hard to relax when you're thinking about a car that needs fixing.

Filip

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:39 PM, Escape said:

Glad you got home without further problems! Hope you still got the enjoy the holiday as well. Though I know it's hard to relax when you're thinking about a car that needs fixing.

Filip

You're right there Filip , I did not relax until I got back to my house , I locked it up & then had a few beers , I have now run the car all week going back & forth to work with no problems with overheating , I don't think the head gasket has gone , but I recon it could be a mixture of a bad thermostat & possibly a faulty expansion tank cap . PS :- I need a holiday 😌

• 1 year later...

Hello there hope you I find you well. I a looking for the bottom plastic bottom tank for the p38 radiator for the diesel manual. I saw the top tank gave in on you...if you have the bottom tank that would be awesome.

On 10/21/2020 at 4:23 PM, Kev2 said:

Hello there hope you I find you well. I a looking for the bottom plastic bottom tank for the p38 radiator for the diesel manual. I saw the top tank gave in on you...if you have the bottom tank that would be awesome.

Hi Kev , sorry to tell you that I dumped the old radiator when I got home from my holiday & never thought to take the bottom tank off . Good luck with getting one sorted & I'm sure one of the peeps on here will be able to sort you out , regards Paul .