TD5 engine swop

Hi all I have a defender td5 manual and having problems with it, I also have a discovery with td5 automatic, would it be as simple as swooping engines over?? If I take engine out of discovery and put it in the defender would the injectors need re coding or would it run?? Any help would be very helpful 

thanks all 

dan

Swap the ECU with the engine, you will get the benefit of the better pull-away acceleration of the automatic engine's map.

You may need to inform the BCM, though, I can't remember from where I read it. Nanocom should do it fine.

19 hours ago, JohnnoK said:

Swap the ECU with the engine, you will get the benefit of the better pull-away acceleration of the automatic engine's map.

You may need to inform the BCM, though, I can't remember from where I read it. Nanocom should do it fine.

It's not that simple,the engine ecu from the auto will put the engine management lamp on because it wont see the autobox ecu that it talks to in the Disco.(It may also make the temp gauge read wrongly) It will also need a security learn procedure to receive the correct code from the Defenders alarm ecu. Better to swop the engine over on its own and put the Defender injectors back in it,(If they are Ok) with new seals and washers. That way no diagnostic input is needed.