Ineos updates

As we get close to the production of Projekt Grenadier ‘successor to the Defender’ - I thought we could perhaps share updates? 

Article here calls out:

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-6821795/Jim-Ratcliffes-Ineos-Projekt-Grenadier-4X4-use-BMW-engines.html

Using current BMW twin turbo engines - 242bhp 2.0l petrol and 261bhp 3.0l diesel 

Separate chassis and alloy panels

leather seats for material durability - but a minimal interior, including drain plugs so it can be hosed down.

3.5 tonne towing capacity

£30-£40k price 

Goes into production 2020

Lets hope it is more a case of ambitious plans meeting real world difficulties, I wish the guy well, I look forward to seeing a prototype. I really hope thr rush to get it builtt doesn't affect the build quality ambition, that would be a shame. Subscribed

I wonder how that works - a while back they reported that Mercedes company was the assembly partner - so perhaps it’s just not been decided which of their sites will be used? 

Or perhaps the supply chain and design is all in place and the build is just going to be assembly? 

He advertised a load of Procurement positions ages ago / so he has the staff.

I’m hopeful for it.

If they want to start selling them next year they'll be appointing their sales/dealer/support network and financial-partners [nobody in business buys vehicles these days - they're all leased because of the cashflow/tax advantages] now.

I guess they'll all be under non-disclosure-agreements - but you don't build, provision and train the underlying networks to finance and support 30,000-a-year sales [presumably globally] without it showing.

MB Tech is the engineering company - they were a subsidiary of Mercedes Benz.

https://www.akka-technologies.com/en/newsroom/project-grenadier-ineos-automotive-and-akka-technologies-team-up-to-develop-a-new-4x4-off

They mention Ineos in their financial statements too:

The Germany Business Unit also made a good start to the year. It reported revenue of €252.0 million in the first half of 2018, with organic growth of 3.5%. Growth was mainly driven by the signing of contracts with Bosch, Continental, INEOS, Porsche and Volkswagen.