Lower door pillar (A pillar) foot removal

Please go easy on me for asking this just when I have competed repairs to the footwells on both sides of my 110. 😱

Does anyone know, definitively, if the A pillar foot can be removed from the rest of the pillar without the need to drill out any spot welds? I know that it is a tight fit up inside the bottom of the pillar but if I can, I should probably replace one of them. I will support the bulkhead, remove the M12 bolt and then try to drive the old foot out. It all depends on how it is fixed in, if at all.

Does anyone know for certain?!

Thanks

Thanks. Is it just one or two? Have you replaced it yourself without renewing the pillar and if so, does it fit inside the pillar without any trouble?

I'm wondering about this one from YRM link as I would trust their engineering dimensions.

Thanks - I know how to find them but I have just painted the pillar so I am trying to gauge the job.

Also I am wondering if it will hammer out without damaging the pillar. That's why I was asking if you (or anyone?) has done this job on its own?

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know for sure what the distance, centre to centre, is between the foot to chassis mounting bolts, I have seen 1510mm but the 'spare' bulkhead even though a little bashed at the foot, seems to be 1500 exactly . I want to make up a box section jig to be able to flip the whole bulkhead over to do the work, but need to be certain what the critical dimensions are - well subject to the usual Land Rover tolerances of plus or minus a football pitch Thanks Paul