Leaky door window strips

It has taken a while but I have finally tracked down and fixed every leak in the defender except one!

When it rains quite heavily, I get quite a lot of water running in between the door window glass and the outer seal:

s-l1600.jpg.41b7355c446884eee40c1e54204a6f85.jpg

The seals look to be in good order, however still leak, I swapped them out for news one hoping to cure the issue, however if anything it seems to have gotten worse. It’s the same for both doors.

Have I just purchased carp seals or aim I missing something? The water is definitely creeping between the glass and the seal as I can see it, has anyone else had this issue, perhaps this is one of these cases where only a genuine part will do?

Thx Dan

10 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

+1 for this chap's videos. Plenty of nuggets of info in there to solve myriad problems. 

I put new seals on mine earlier in the year and they've been fine. I can't remember where i got them from (they may be Br*tpart ones) but they formed a tight seal against the window. Are you sure the water is coming in directly at the seal? Could it be coming in from the corners and working its way towards the middle of the window to make it seam like it's the seal thats giving way?

It's defo creeping between the glass and the seal, I can see the seepage through the glass, its also dripping around the middle of the door. I have already sealed the corners with DumDum so no problem there.

I will wait for it to rain and takes some pictures...