OT Perkins A3.152 Run dry of water

L19MUD

5 minutes ago, L19MUD said:

Haven't you fixed/sold that yet Steve?! 😀

Been too busy working , you've finished the 90 ...upgrade your yard tractor ☺️

1 hour ago, Nonimouse said:

Nice hounds

thanks , I wish those two were still around , still have a wolfie - his sister as it goes 

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To update on this I have not had a chance to really look at this properly as have been working on other things however every time I walk into the workshop I have moved the arms up and down and sprayed some WD40 (that's what I currently have). They are certainly getting a lot easier to move through the whole range

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2020 at 2:00 AM, oneandtwo said:

I bought this a few months ago for £1000. Needs an engine rebuild as breathes heavily.

508BD11B-C878-434F-8F87-E4778714C8C0.jpeg

£1k for a 135 is a bargain! Rebuild the engine for pennies in a weekend and you are laughing 

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Saved another vintage farming item from the scrap this weekend. This is an original early 50's Ferguson 12 stud trailer that was found under a huge amount of overgrowth at my wife's grandparents, belonged to her late grandfather. To get it back to it's original state is not really worthwhile from a value perspective but means something to her so we will restore it.

Having loaded the 90 with tools expecting flat tyres, seized on brakes/non turning wheels we actually just turned up hitched it on and it pulled right out. Didn't even pump the tyres up!!

I would love to find the Grey Fergi that used to pull it, but was sold in the late 80's. I just have a registration number which is no longer live on the DVLA site so tracking it down next to impossible unfortunately

1948435869_Fergi3ton1.thumb.jpg.8c86e9ea046813d7057f20e220a986dc.jpg374291158_fergi3ton2.thumb.jpg.3ea4844961b2aab16ce8ac9804579a0b.jpg

• Like 3

I collected the same trailer from my landlord's barn last year.  The trailer bed is like new but the sides are missing. The tyres still had 20 psi in  them and the tipping ram loses about about a cupful of oil whilst tipping.

The MF 145 had an oil change , and a battery and started instantly and no need to put any air in the tyres either.

They had not moved for over 30 years at the least.

They don't make them like it anymore.

12 hours ago, taurion said:

I collected the same trailer from my landlord's barn last year.  The trailer bed is like new but the sides are missing. The tyres still had 20 psi in  them and the tipping ram loses about about a cupful of oil whilst tipping.

The MF 145 had an oil change , and a battery and started instantly and no need to put any air in the tyres either.

They had not moved for over 30 years at the least.

They don't make them like it anymore.

We have a couple of 3 cylinder perkins MF135s and they start first time every time. I wish everything was that reliable.

Depending on the age of your trailer it will either have drop in sides or hinged sides (the rears were always hinged for tipping). Take a look at this site for the parts http://www.fergietrailershop.co.uk/

Mine is an early MKII so when new (60-70- years ago!) it would have looked like this with drop in sides 

Restoration-4.thumb.jpg.1748e4a9eb841e79db6c3486c1ddbd6d.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Oooh, that's very smart.

at 2k for the parts it is quite a lot to justify though! It may well receive a basic bed on it for now to make it usable and then when I hopefully have space to store inside I will consider restoring back to original like that

Very nice trailer.  Mine would have had  drop in sides like that.  There are the remains of the  Ferguson transfer/logo on the front corners of mine.

The tractor went to my brother -in_-law complete with original purchase invoice and guarantee card, a one owner tractor.  It also has a mid mounted mower, complete and working.

The MF 140 that I had from the landlord had a frosted cylinder head. I rewelded the parts that had lifted between the injectors , put antifreeze in and it has worked perfectly for the last 10years.

• Like 1