Heater size help

ianmayco68

Hi all , I’m in the middle of doing my custom dash and my thoughts have turned to upgrading the heater , looking on eBay there’s plenty to choose from found a complete system from a Citroen berlingo , disco and puma units all at cheap prices but size is the main concern . So if there’s anyone out there that can help with some measurements or the overall size for the main box which houses the heater matrix for a Disco or puma heater box or even a berlingo one a would be much appreciated.

cheers Ian 

Hmm......

T7 sells very nice stuff.

I have a Canadian heater in the 110 and that thing doubles as an oven..

However, they are big...

VW Polo units fit very well

Yes I’ve seen there stuff, they make some nice gear . There part of the back up plan , was looking into the others as there cheap over here seen a couple on eBay for £20 , will have a look at the VW units, cheers Arjan.

If looking at comparison numbers, the stock heater is around 3 kW.

One important item to deal with is the stock vent openings.  They are too small for the stock heater.  You need to plan to make them larger if you are planning a larger heater.

I quite agree , part of the plan is to rework the vent openings and add a few more , definitely a couple to de-mist the side windows. I bought one of the kits for the 110 while there okay I think I can do something better . Another idea was to make it a 3 speed blower and definitely rework how the air gets from the heater box to the vents , I want the air to go from the heater box through the ducting to the vents rather than run through  the  dash , which I think is where a lot of heat and power is lost . The stock heater can throw quite a bit of heat out I just think it needs some mods to make it better , I would like to modthe existing heater but if I can get something modern thats already done and will fit with my new dash then I’ll go down that route . I found this 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F163669227505

from a berlingo everything is there even the heater controls but it’s all down to size and shape , can’t make my mind up if £40 is worth a punt .