Green box

55 minutes ago, Green200tdi said:

..........if so would the immobiliser kick in if the siren is missing?

Just unplugged the siren on mine, and can confirm that the engine will start with the siren unplugged.

I have a 300TDI loom in mine.

The immobiliser plug is a black rectangular plug with 7 (IIRC) black wires going into it. Mine hangs off of the tail end of the engine / gearbox loom.

The 10AS unit has its own fuse behind the dash clocks, and also switches the earth on the starter relay (I think)

Hope this helps, Hippo.

Edited by MR-HIPPO

Here you go, just took one.

20190528_185016.thumb.jpg.4cc4026c4b256e60b2886010e1fa7292.jpg

I think this is normally riveted into the front face of the under seat battery box. (on a 300tdi)

The case is made from steel, and the two halves were joined with fairly hefty steel rivets (Where the bolts are in the above picture) . Much drilling is required to get the case open.

You have to open the case to access the plug that connects the loom to the immobiliser that sits inside the case.

All of the wires here are black.

When I bought my 300TDI loom second hand, the e-bay breaker that supplied it had cut the loom where it exits the case.

I had to chase him up to get him to send me the case / immobiliser that was apparently still firmly attached to the seat box in the donor vehicle.

I had to get a new plug, and extend the cut loom to mount the immobiliser in a convenient location.

Hope this helps, Hippo.

14 minutes ago, MR-HIPPO said:

Again this is all my experience from fitting a 300tdi chassis loom. Mine plugged into the engine / gearbox loom.

Ok ta 

I’ve  not got the engine or gear box looms but also the interior light won’t come on when doors are opened will only come on if I switch to ON nor will the indicator flash when I push the remote, guess I’ll sort a battery on the remote first then start looking 😊 thanks for your help 

Very happy to try and help, I have asked a few questions here myself.

Just had a look at the 2002 Electrical library

It looks like the immobilisation would normally be dealt with by the engine control module on a TD5 vehicle, the immobiliser box I have been referencing is only used on 300TDI vehicles.

If you have the dash connected up, you can see the immobiliser status on the red light on the speedo. (section 2 locks and alarm in the users manual

"Also:  Any attempt to start the engine while it is immobilised will cause the engine immobilisation warning light (on the left of the warning light panel) to flash.")

Not sure if you have these documents already or not, but the 2002 electrical circuit diagrams  used alongside the 2002 Electrical library should be of use to you.

What engine do you have, and how is it connected to the TD5 loom?

Edited by MR-HIPPO

On 5/28/2019 at 7:56 PM, Green200tdi said:

Ok ta 

I’ve  not got the engine or gear box looms but also the interior light won’t come on when doors are opened will only come on if I switch to ON nor will the indicator flash when I push the remote, guess I’ll sort a battery on the remote first then start looking 😊 thanks for your help 

You’ll need to programme the 10AS to allow the interior lights to work. That’s what I had to do in mine (full td5 XS looms with a 200tdi)

The OBD plug on your td5 loom will allow this to be carried out using a suitable device

No rush I’ve just secured in the rear loom, side lights and fuel tank sender,  just rear indicators to sort now waiting for plugs in post all good so far oh and the immobiliser 😂

Edited by Green200tdi

Just to add some further info on your 10AS. 

If the immobiliser is programmed “on” and the fob is paired then you will need the transponder coil (AMR4897)  that goes around the ignition barrel. This is required to allow the immobiliser to receive the proper signals to disarm when its in the proximity of the coil. Obviously you’ll need the fob to have a battery installed for it to operate. 

Failure to have this part of the circuit won’t allow the starter relay to energise and kick the starter. 

Not all 10AS or td5 looms were configured for immobilisation, it depends on the spec 

I was looking for the heater plug, most important😂

out of interest does that heater plug straight on to the heater blower switch or is there a loom on the heater blower switch that meets the loom ?

any photos?

Edited by Green200tdi

So this turned up this morning think Ive fitted it correctly (see photo)

but still a linking error I’ll wait till I’ve got engine in and engine loom on see how we go then,

on the plus side now the new loom is in makes it look good in the dash area don’t feel like it’s going to go up in flames 😂

D784076B-3124-421A-8E90-93474297850C.jpeg

609D1517-78A1-45A2-B831-FFD70408430F.jpeg

F745D4B9-839E-4C97-9779-8CAB91D44A37.jpeg

Edited by Green200tdi