Need bits

It certainly looks a bit second hand to me. What's going on with the inside of the intake case just before the blades? I can't decide whether it looks like corrosion or someone's had a go with some abbrasive material? Also, is that a moth at 10 o'clock nibbling away at the housing?😀

If there is any doubt, I would be fitting a new CHRA and cleaning up the housing atleast. CHRA units are widely available online for a fraction of the cost of a new complete turbo. I fitted a new CHRA to a 300Tdi engine a number of years ago for less than £200 and a morning's work.

54 minutes ago, Snagger said:

Hmm...  pretty filthy inside.  Can't tell much from a picture - there's no way to feel end float or lateral bearing play, but at least the compressor blades look fairly good.

There was a problem with the engine it come off it’s covered in oil inside but I’m going to clean it up see how we go 

my turbo top photo exhaust 

bottom turbo exhaust covered in oil 

424E9E9C-31AE-42E8-B8DB-EFC117287B70.jpeg

7692DC66-7547-4566-A9FE-1183EF0E5B87.jpeg