Roof Leaking?

Ok as promised.....Update after a bit of rain last night the inside was DRY!!! Si hopefully the problem is solved will be more confident after a good long spell of heavy rain!?!

paime my guttering was as bad if not worse than the ones in sharp's reply. My roof is black so obviously i used black sealant and because i didn't know exactly where it was leaking i felt happier covering the seams rather than just fill the little gap.

Anyway here are some pics ;)

20190624_100552.thumb.jpg.c5c98663f3c1fcccb0c7a88eed15ef50.jpg20190624_100414.thumb.jpg.3a3b4977360fa8f177807ab51419f706.jpg20190624_100529.thumb.jpg.d47cb4fdcec638ec3c51312e1a45c326.jpg20190624_100426.thumb.jpg.235fb4fab949f18a457c296f570bdb08.jpg

• Thanks 1

Looks good! Have you sealed it on the inside as well? I've clarted mine in seam sealer inside the cab but i think water might be making it's way in from the guttering. Did you scrape out all the old gutter sealant before you applied new stuff or did you leave it in place?

Paime..... i used a small wire brush on the guttering to remove any flakes of paint and old sealant then gave it a bit of a rub down with sandpaper, thats as much as i did.

Not sealed in side as the seams have a channel cover spot welded over them, and feel if i did seal that it would only divert water to somewhere else or give false impression that the problem is fixed and water would be trapped in the channels covering the 

Makes sense and pleased to hear you didn't have to scrape out all the old sealant. That stuff is stuck like sh*t to a blanket on mine and i had visions of using a tiny dremmel and thousands of tiny wire brush attachments to safely get the stuff out without damaging the roof paint!

Worth noting, the Sikaflex that Brett/roamingtheoutback uses collects dust, my gutters look terrible (white roof, white sikaflex) all dust stained brown, cross roof seals not too bad... you can’t wash it off etc

Ill take a picture tomorrow so nobody gets an nasty surprises. On the plus side, after 2 weeks of rain in South Africa I still lovely and dry on the inside of the Landy 😁

Edited by roamingyak