my health

twizzle

Sorry I haven't been on a lot been very unwell I've have now a second home its the hospital I really haven't had the energy to work on my series in the garage or out an about in the discovery ive just payed out for a new pc so I can catch up with everybody

• Like 1

I think we all live vicariously through other people's projects when life gets in the way of ours for one reason or another... 

Perhaps a few people can suggest particularly interesting threads, YouTube channels and suchlike for you to absorb while recuperating? 

To start things off:

An excellent series about a Series, ongoing at the moment. 

http://seriouslyseries.createaforum.com/trains-planes-and-everything-else-anything-of-a-anoraky-nature/my-effort-building-a-live-steamer-locomotive/

A Series owner building a live steam loco. Possible sign up required. 

Enjoy, and hope you're back on your feet soon. 

• Like 1

Within different areas of the S2 club workshop meets are organised to provide help and encouragment for those who for whatever reason are not able to get things done on their land rover, it may be not having the skills, not having the physical capability, being ill or whatever.  It is a good excuse for having a chinwag, catching up and actually helping someone.  The host usually provides bacon butties (not manadtory.)

If you are not a club member just ask a few of your friends on this forum to lend a hand whilst you supervise.

Hop your health continues to improve so that you can get back to doing the things you love.

Peter

It's a common quote that you don't miss things until they're gone, and health is one of the biggest and yet most easily lost.  Terrifyingly, it can happen in an instant and turns lives upside down.  As John says, at least you're breathing.

4 minutes ago, Snagger said:

It's a common quote that you don't miss things until they're gone, and health is one of the biggest and yet most easily lost.  Terrifyingly, it can happen in an instant and turns lives upside down.  As John says, at least you're breathing.

You’re not kidding 😕

Accepting new limitations is very hard - but essential to not spending too much time being fed up and stuck in that space.

Go with it would be my advice.

Depending on the nature of the problem, a little stubbornness can be a good thing.  You have to be mindful of true limitations, but you also have to be determined to continue with what you can.  I have a load of steelwork in my back because of work related injury, and a little bit of nerve damage to a leg.  The doctors said a lot of people will back right off and do very little activity, and even spend weeks in hospital after the surgery.  I refused to do so, leaving the hospital after 40 hours and being as mobile as I could until the real pain kicked in, not just discomfort.  The doctors reckon the stubborn folk recover faster and better, with much better outcomes.  But some conditions don't permit that.  The important thing is to do all that you can, not just for your own mental state, but to push the body to recover as est it can.  How far you can push is going to be extremely subjective, though, and you must stop before you d harm.

• Like 1