Truck Cab Soft Top

Bigj66

Has anyone ever come across a ‘truck cab’ version of a canvas roof or seen one made? My S3 SWB spends most of its life with no roof or door tops but a quick and simple canvas version of the truck cab would be handy to have. I’ve seen the bikini tops but I think it would be good to have the full back on to make it wind and waterproof.

Would it just be the case of removing the side panels of a standard canvas and relocating the back panel to just behind the first hoop in a similar way to the fume curtains were? Maybe adding in some rope hooks across the back of the seat bulkhead?

Definitely possible, and I like the idea. I have a mate who does all kinds of clever stuff with canvas, sure he'd be happy to do a bit of fettling. Biggest challenge is probably getting it to seal at the bottom at the back. 

10 hours ago, Romahomepete said:

They are definitely available for an S1 (we have one) but I think the S2 variety is called a bikini roof.

Just had a look at the Allwheel trim site and they list a canvas truck cab.

Peter

I hadn’t seen those on the AWT site so thanks for pointing it out. They don’t look too bad at all 👍

I have one. I cannot remember from whom I got it though. I think it would work with the seat belt bar, because when the back rolls down, it connects to the tonneau cover, so there’s room there behind the bulkhead. Can’t find a pic with the back rolled down - will have to look for one.

FEFBD250-EE0F-45AF-BBF3-554BD19450FB.jpeg

4325D6B5-7D6B-4EC9-9AE4-063C6C3801DF.jpeg

• Thanks 1

😅 That's a high tech cooling management system component, ie a section of dryer tubing that runs from the heater vent over the side.

The V8 gets hot and especially at 10,000 ft plus in the summer, keeping it cool is hard. So, last ditch is heater on full, driver's side vent shut and the elephant's trunk hanging out the passenger side. 

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to All Wheel Trim. Apparently I would need to fit some sort of additional bulkhead behind the existing one and move the spare wheel to get their canvas top to fit. Never mind, worth a shot.