3.9i ECU location in Defender

Hi all,

I'm in the process of installing a 3.9i V8 from a Disco into my Defender, and the good news is that it's in and running!  However this is just with the wiring nd ECU lying loose.

I'm trying to decide on a permanent home for the ECU.  Because it all came from a Disco, the ECU loom is not long enough to put it on the rear bulkhead (I think I read somewhere that the RRC loom is longer and allow this?) so I'm after suggestions for alternatives.  Currently I'm looking at the battery box, or fabricating something to put it on top of the middle section of the seat box (under the cubby), or possibly on top of the trans tunnel - once I've made a new one up!

I do remember seeing somewhere where someone had put it under the steering column but it feels a bit large for that. I'm also mindful of keeping it above wading depth, not that I do much of that but something to bear in mind I guess.

If anyone has suggestions and/or pics that would be very helpful, thanks.

Edited by Cappo
Keyboard missing letters out!

I wondered this for my BMW ECU. I fitted mine behind my Mudstuff center console. But I've now moved it into the engine bay itself. I placed it in a sealed ABS box along with all the engine management related relays and fuses. It's located in front on the the heater box where it's well protected. Working well so far and de-clutters the cabin nicely.