Front Calipers

Hi, I had this exact same problem when I converted a 1990 v8 ex mod 110 from solid discs to vented discs on the front. Your 1987 model would likely have been solid discs originally and the vented set up is a later modification/upgrade to your vehicular attempted by the PO.

I did this modification with a kit rebuilding my original OEM callipers with spacer pieces in between the the two castings and fitting vented discs. The hubs fouled the rear of the modified callipers by 0.5mm. The axel, hubs and swivels were all original yet I couldn’t sort out the clearance which ever way I assembled it.

In the end I took the hubs into work and relived the back of them by about 1.5 mm on a lathe (without impinging:removing material thickness on the rear face of the wheel studs cause that would be v bad!). This solved the interference issue and allowed the vented callipers mod to work for the last ten years plus with no issues whatsoever. (This gave to sort of clearance seen in Westerns photos above)

Also worth doing whilst got the callipers in bits if your after reliability is fitting stainless steel pistons (got mine from Zeus engineering)

good luck and the mod is worth sticking with, as I managed to warp a solid disc twice but haven’t done so since fitting the vented set up.