Mo Murphy

Allisport intercooler defender mounting brackets

Evening all,

Does anyone, perchance, have any pics of the brackets for the full width intercooler ?

I can't find any pics online 

Mo

One thing if you are installing one - the intercooler is held by those brackets and if there isn't some flexibility and 'give'in the piping to the intercooler, if the engine moves forward on  its mounts for whatever reason, it 'leans' on the intercooler through the pipes - those brackets bear the brunt of that, and in my case tore a boss out of the cooler. I now have a hump hose between to provide some flexibility. 

• Thanks 1

@Landy-Novice thanks but I've some 2mm zintec here that cost pennies 😉

@Bowie69 cheers Pete, I found the first already but your second find is treasure ! Good to see he got it behind the bonnet release handle, I was concerned that I may have had to sacrifice that !

@cackshifter thanks Nige, fair point that I hadn't considered. What's a hump hose ?

Cheers

Mo

• Thanks 1

A hose with a curved nature so that the forces are not transmitted axially but rather just flex the bend, hence  it takes the pressure potential away. :D

• Thanks 1

Cheers chaps, I've ordered a couple. 

Mo