Handbrake Question

I had a problem with hand brake being stuck on at a recent RTV

My 90 is a F reg 1987

Anyway took drum off (i'm going to get a propshaft tool but that's another story) found that I have shoes horizontal operated with a cable but the replacement shoes I have are too big and for a larger drum :o

The operating cams were gummed up with old grease etc so a good clean and copper slip will solve that problem. :D

My engine is a disco 1992 and I'm thinking gearbox + handbrake could be from the same as they seem to have changed 1992.

So are the smaller drum horizontal shoes part no STC 965 anybody confirm?

Anybody who wants a set of larger shoes £ 15 posted in UK

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for the answers

Gelf ........... been thinking about disc conversion for a while the websitye seems to be down at the moment

Nighthawk ........... thanks for the info I hve been to paddocks website ............. and found the same I'm after the actual size of drum .................. mines horizontal looks like the later version that my truck just need conformation

Cheers

Steve

Gelf ........... been thinking about disc conversion for a while the websitye seems to be down at the moment

Sorry about that! The server had tired itself out after all the visitors over the weekend and needed a nap.

Today I asked it nicely to pay attention.

Si